Thursday, May 12, 2011

*Ding Dong* Creative Desire Calling

I took a big break from scrapbooking, oh like 7 months or so. After losing my son Gavin, I was so depressed. I took no pictures at Thanksgiving or Christmas 2010, in past years Christmas pics were easily 100+. I had zero interest this year in recording this time, all I could see was who was missing. In January I started a new job with people that I truly enjoy working with doing something I enjoy. Gradually the depression loosened its hold on me. Around April I started feeling that familiar itch to create, perhaps this had something to do with the start of baseball season for Dimitri & Aidan….  A high school friend had a baby shower coming up and I decided I wanted to decopauge her baby’s initial, this really made that itch grow!
I had totally stopped looking at any scrapbooking websites or blogs, scrappy emails didn’t get a second look. So I decided to pick up the latest scrap mag and see if I felt inspired. I was surprised at all the new products that had come out while I was absent and moderately inspired. I started thinking of all the baseball pictures I was going to have and started searching for baseball themed products… Then I was bitten. I was finding all kinds of stuff I wanted. So after almost a month of preparation and build up I finally scrapped my
first pages in 7 months.




I am very pleased with the outcomes of each.
My mind is already quickly creating new lo’s to do. Even though all of our hearts were hurting at Easter we had a family photo taken. I plan to scrap this in a couple of different ways, I know one of them will feature the Indie Girl line from Sassafras. I am glad that my desire to create has returned. I will continue to scrap photos of Gavin. I guess when I have scrapped them all I will just start again and tell a different story about him. It is very important to me to record my families & my memories of him, I want our children to remember his time with us.



I hope to continue Tamia’s album, right now I am focusing on things that make my heart happy and that I want to scrap




No comments: